Sunday, May 25, 2008

 

CAT Book Thises and Thats


Since some of y’all have expressed interest in “the new SCT book,” here’s an update, bless yore li’l hearts. It is right on schedule, and will shortly enter the production phase at Springer. I hope it will be in your hot little hands by the end of the year. What else? A very special and heart-felt THANK YOU to those of you who helped out on this project over the last year. It is very much because of your aid that Choosing and Using the New CATs will soon be a reality.

That’s not all the CAT book news, however. I’ve just finished a new revision to my FREE Uncle Rod’s Used CAT Buyer’s Guide. The NINTH if you can believe that. In addition to more new old scopes, the whole blessed text has been tweaked fairly extensively (awkward prose given the heave-ho, typos exorcised, factual errors corrected). How do you get it? Glad you asked. Go here:

http://skywatch.brainiac.com/used/index.htm

Udder than that? Hope those of y’all living in the good, ol’ U.S. of A. are having a cool-groovy memorial day weekend. Me? I gotta work tomorrow, dang it. But I did get in a few good hours of deep sky observing last night. That’s rare enough down here in Possum Swamp at this time of year that I'm still walking on Cloud Nine and I’m not that miffed about the back-to-the-grindstone thing.

Comments:
I had to work today (Sunday) myself so I feel for you -- and we may get some clear skies in the wee hours, so at least I can try to catch Jupiter or something.
 
So, Uncle Rod, since you brought up the Orion Stratus eyepieces, how do you feel about the Baader Hyperions?

Regards.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


stats counter Website Hit Counters